Hermann Park's historic clubhouse is being rennovated to restore its Spanish-style splendor.
Built in 1933 by Alfred E. Nutter, Hermann Park’s handsome Spanish-style clubhouse served as the Hermann Park Golf Course clubhouse for generations of golfers. In 1999, a new golf clubhouse was built on the corner of Almeda Road and MacGregor Way and the historic clubhouse was converted into office space for Parks administration and the Conservancy. The historic clubhouse’s change in function meant that the public no longer had access to the building and over the years the need for a complete restoration has continued to be a major goal of the Conservancy.
As part of the Centennial Campaign, the Conservancy began the planning and fundraising process to restore the clubhouse and in late 2014 selected Curtis & Windham as the lead architects for the project. The main goals for the renovation are:
To date, the Conservancy has secured nearly $4.2 million toward its $5.8 million goal, including a lead gift made generously by long-time donor and Conservancy board member Tommy W. Lott. Upon dedication, the historic clubhouse will be renamed Lott Hall at Hermann Park.
Lott Hall at Hermann Park will function as a rental facility allowing the public to have access to the building for community meetings, corporate retreats, or special events such as weddings. Revenue generated from the rental of the space will be directed back into the Park for much-needed maintenance and operations support.
The Conservancy is actively fundraising to complete these renovations and is anticipating completion by summer 2018. To learn about naming opportunities or the project, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to donate to the historic clubhouse.