For a slideshow of before and after photos, click on the arrow above.
With many projects in the ground or underway, the Conservancy has made a visible impact on Hermann Park.
Major Completed Improvements:
- The restoration of the Grand Gateway, the historic entrance to Hermann Park
- The creation the seven-acre McGovern Centennial Gardens and Cherie Flores Garden Pavilion
- The nationally recognized renovation of the “Heart of the Park,” including the Jones Reflection Pool and expanded McGovern Lake
- The creation of Lake Plaza which includes a cafe, the scenic Tiffany & Co. Foundation Bridge, and Kinder Station for a new and improved Hermann Park train
- Improvements along Brays Bayou, including forest trails through the 80-acre Bayou Parkland, bayou trails and a bike bridge for walkers and bicyclists, and a pedestrian underpass under North and South MacGregor
- The restoration of the Japanese Garden
- The expansion and renovation of Miller Outdoor Theatre to include a new ticket office, landscaped plazas, and 85 bathrooms
- The construction of the Houston Zoo West Entrance to serve the Texas Medical Center